The scope and breadth of war crime atrocities committed by Australian Special Forces is breathtaking in its violence and its obscene premeditation…
The report found:
- Special forces were responsible for dozens of unlawful killings, the vast majority of which involved prisoners, and were deliberately covered up.
- Thirty-nine Afghans were unlawfully killed in 23 incidents, either by special forces or at the instruction of special forces.
- None of the killings took place in the heat of battle, and they all occurred in circumstances which, if accepted by a jury, would constitute the war crime of murder.
- All the victims were either non-combatants or were no longer combatants.
- A total of 25 perpetrators have been identified either as principals or accessories. Some are still serving in the ADF.
…there is no pretence that Australian Special Forces were doing anything other than naked murder for ‘blooding’ purposes of new recruits.
This are war crimes.
Australia should be deeply ashamed.
Domestically it calls into question our own joke white wash inquiry into war crimes from a NZDF who have lied, attacked journalists and manipulated news media to play down any wrong doing and it also reminds us of the political courage of those NZ MPs who refused to get sucked into this war in the first place…
…Helen Clark and Labour led us into this farce, Alliance MPs stood firm.
The NZ media may have forgotten, the True Left won’t ever forget who stood against this type of Imperialist tyranny.
Increasingly having independent opinion in a mainstream media environment which mostly echo one another has become more important than ever, so if you value having an independent voice – please donate here.
If you can’t contribute but want to help, please always feel free to share our blogs on social media.