The adults of the Left inside Jacinda’s Office have to punish the Political management of this and the bullshit woke social engineering crap.
Locking people up for 3 years in prison for hurting a millennials easily triggered feelings means we are going to have a million boomers in prison.
Locking parents up in prison for 5 years for stopping their kids from taking puberty blockers is political cyanide.
Everyone in a liberal progressive democracy deserves the same agency. Muslims, Queer or Trans people shouldn’t feel abused and threatened or frightened of simply being in public. Graeme Edgler has written extensively upon this and makes excellent points on how we could balance freedom of speech with the right to not feel threatened.
The debate must be focused on anti-harassment, not free speech!
Adding gender identity and religion to the existing discrimination legislation is absolutely righteous, our fellow citizens and comrades deserve to live in a society that can’t discriminate against them!
Labour’s 9point plunge and ACT at never before highs however is a direct response to woke Hate Speech backlash – TDB have been warning about this since 2020 election – jailing people for 3 years by criminalizing free speech and 5 years for blocking puberty blockers will only win votes for ACT.
People want solutions to housing, inequality, climate change & covid recovery, what they are getting are blasphemy laws, criminalising the misuse of pronouns and an $800million bike bridge.
Shitting on Mike King also isn’t helping.
Labour urgently needs big vision stuff.
Jacinda needs to announce a Cabinet reshuffle and announce a new agenda moving forward after listening to the people.
- Hate Speech laws – The solutions here are beefing up and expanding our current systems to ensure people aren’t harassed or discriminated against, the solution is not handing the power to censor opinions to the State! We must also be focused on better public broadcasting and more regulations on social media (including taxes to fund that journalism) to stop the algorithms from weaponising debate.
- Ute tax removed if owner lives in rural postcode.
- More flexibility on planting seasonal crop.
- Dump the gay conversation law – you can’t quantify it and it’s inadvertently including the minefield of Trans issues and it’s 5 years in prison for Christ’s sake! How can we on the progressive left criticize prisons yet as soon as it’s bashing homophobes we get all medieval and want 5 years hard time?
- Announce satellite towns and mass house building and public transport hubs built by a Ministry of Works.
- Step into the Supermarket duopoly with a State owned supermarket and lower food prices.
- Healthy free lunches and breakfast in every school.
- Free public transport.
- Medicinal loose herb cannabis in a fully functioning market now to generate jobs.
- Acknowledge the borders are closed for another 5 years and start our own domestic pharmaceutical industry.
- Give Gumboot Day some bloody money! Mike King has committed the cardinal sin of embarrassing the Ministry and is being punished for doing phone counseling far more effectively than their ticket clipping.
- Bike Bridge – dump it, give cyclists a ferry crossing and when the underground bridge is built give the Harbor Bridge to them.
Labour need to start delivering above keeping Covid out. It needs policy that directly impacts people’s pockets and gives them hope that there can be a better planned future.
Woke virtual signals and an online activist base who make piranhas look kind is poisoning the Labour brand.
If Government wants to make NZ more ‘socially cohesive’ they should build more houses, use a wider range of taxes against corporations and fully fund mental health, education and public health – they shouldn’t implement underthought woke nonsense.
Increasingly having independent opinion in a mainstream media environment which mostly echo one another has become more important than ever, so if you value having an independent voice – please donate here.
If you can’t contribute but want to help, please always feel free to share our blogs on social media