So we are at Level 2, we’ve dodged a public health nightmare and have all sacrificed in the greatest tradition of Democracy. Unlike authoritarian regimes who can impose their will via military force, NZ is a liberal progressive democracy that had to rely on well informed citizens acting in solidarity for the collective good and we passed with flying colours.
I’m full of rage.
A pandemic of rage if you will.
Here’s the current list.
- I’m angry that China were deceitful in the beginning of this event and while telling the world everything was under control were secretly buying up as much protective clothing globally as possible.
- I’m angry that it took so long for NZ Government officials to realise China was being deceitful despite 5 Eyes Intelligence reports warning us.
- I’m angry that Trump is attempting to use China’s malfeasance to distract from his own grotesque incompetence that has exacerbated his nations misery.
- I’m angry that the irony of Boris Johnston purposely underplaying the pandemic while planning to allow hundreds of thousands of his own citizens to die for a failed Herd Immunity theory and then catching Covid19 and almost dying from it himself isn’t on loop across all media for the rest of time.
- I’m angry at listening to middle class privileged dick heads on social media bitch about how tough working from home is. I’m not interested in your first world troubles love, I care about the workers who don’t have the luxury of working from home.
- I’m angry that workers who have been demeaned and abused for so long became essential services overnight and still can’t get paid a living wage.
- I’m angry at death cult capitalists who keep screaming, ‘go back to work’. You losing your wealth means nothing to the rest of us.
- I’m angry at Landlords who abuse their tenants during this lockdown.
- I’m angry that many separated parents played games with parenting agreements over lockdown meant many parents didn’t see their children for weeks on end.
- I’m angry that all the Woke activists managed for the first 6 weeks was scream that any criticism of China was xenophobic and that this virus wasn’t as bad as the flu.
- I’m angry National are screaming ‘Police state’ when they passed the mass surveillance act and the Search and Surveillance Powers act while raiding Nicky Harger’s house after he outed them for dirty politics. I mean, where the hell do you guys get off?
- I’m angry that it’s taken a pandemic to force us to appreciate the climate crisis will be disruptive and that free market neoliberal capitalism is dead.
- I’m angry that no one said, ‘why the hell are we listening to someone with pink hair’.
- I’m angry that Māori running checkpoints were criticised because they know full well that Governments have left them to rot in past pandemics.
- I’m angry that WINZ is the same broken spite factory it’s always been despite tens of thousands of newly unemployed requiring their services.
- I’m angry at anyone who refers to the Prime Minister as ‘Cindy’. She deserves a bloody knighthood for her leadership through this.
- I’m angry at the total lack of vision by the Left towards a new economics post the pandemic. We are great at organising Mummy Blogger PoC vegan militant cycling free the nipple Trans ally petitions on Action Station, but not so good at rebuilding the neoliberal economic hegemonic structure.
- I’m angry at the Right who scream for ‘human rights’ while under a medically induced Police State but who were quiet as field mice when John Key was actually building a Police State. We had a medically induced Police State to stop a pandemic, Key was building one without any justification.
- I’m angry at dicks who cough on workers, spit at workers, abuse workers and ignore the agreed social distancing protocols.
- I’m angry that this Budget didn’t do the hard yards required to reset this nation economically, politically and culturally to cope with the post pandemic fallout.
- I’m angry at morons who are on the street protesting their right to get infected.
- I’m angry at the idiocy on our 7pm TV infotainment shows.
- I’m angry people die alone from this damned thing.
- I’m angry people suffered and are frightened.
- I’m angry that people are so terrified they are burning down bloody 5G telephone poles.
- I’m angry the NZ Herald dumped the horoscopes, it was the only quality journalism they did.
- I’m angry at this sneaky evil virus.
I do not like this virus with a fox.
I do not like this virus in a box.
I do not like this virus Sam I am
I do not like Green eggs and bat.