Am I surprised the NZ media haven’t made more of the revelations NZ Police shot at a mentally disturbed man 12 times and the ‘machete’ was actually a 7 year old blunt ornamental knife?
No. I’m not surprised in the least.
This is NZ, and we are in phase 7 of the 8 phases of media response to NZ cops killing someone…
- Police did nothing wrong
- ‘suspected weapon’
- shooting victim had it coming
- Police demand to have more guns
- no comment until after reports
- reports always damning
- media have lost interest in story by then
- untrained alpha Police shoot another person