When asked on the TV3 debate what he would march for, he said ‘himself’.
Let’s look at the last week.
- Paula Bennett gloated and boasted about the erosion of human rights for criminals.
- National promised to slash benefits for anyone failing drug test despite the ‘evidence’ this was a problem was actually an anecdotal ‘survey’ based on ‘feelings’ by staff members at WINZ.
- Steven Joyce lied about a hole in Labour’s budget that not one economist supported.
- Anti-abortion fanatics smear Jacinda.
- National MP used suicide as a political weapon to attack Jacinda with.
So what does the 3 Poll say?
Most believe that this is a rogue poll, even David Farrar on the AM Show this morning looked nervous to support TV3’s poll which is interesting because David has stopped releasing his own polling data publicly because National are tanking so badly.
But what if it is true?
What if after 41 000 homeless, 300 000 kids in poverty, 550 000 NZers suffering extreme hardship each year, 1600 dying from cold houses each year, a suicide rate that could be 3 times higher than officials acknowledge, 10 000 in prison, generations locked out of home ownership and the social and public infrastructure underfunded by billions – what if after all of that National are really on 47.3% support?
What does that say about us as a people?
I asked the same question when NZers flocked to re-elect John Key after Dirty Politics and mass surveillance lies.
The truth is that if we want change we need to rise up this election. It’s not good enough to vote yourself, you need to bring as many of your friends and whanau to the ballot box as you can this election.
Rise up and demand another way, rise up and force change, rise up and never let these rich pricks trade our dignity for their illusions of wealth.
We have less than 2 weeks right now to make sure National are gone.
Go bring as many friends and supporters as you can to the ballot box, or else this is our future, a glossy billboard sheltering the homeless…