Had enough of trickle -down economics? Work all week and still struggle to make ends meet? Can Grant Robertson’s neoliberal austerity budgets really improve all our well-being… or not?
Join us for the New Zealand Public Television Town Hall Event of the year 6.30 pm Friday, May 31st Otahuhu Town Hall.
Host: Bryan Bruce with co-host The Daily Blog’s Martyn (Bomber) Bradbury with panelists :
- Law Professor and Free Trade critic, Professor Jane Kelsey
- Economist and commentator Rod Oram
- Head of Greenpeace, Russel Norman
- Former Green MP, Sue Bradford
- Julia Amua Whaipooti – JustSpeak Board member. Senior advisor at the Office of the Children’s Commissioner and member of the Criminal Justice Advisory Group
- Auckland City Councillor Efeso Collins
- New Zealander of the Year, Dr Lance O’Sullivan
We are also excited to announce Guest Commentators on the night…
Kerri Nuku Co-President of Nurses Union
Economist Ganesh Nana
Professor Lisa Marriott from Victoria University
Kyle MacDonald psychotherapist and Herald columnist
Unionist Annie Newman from Living Wage
Ricardo Mendez from Auckland Action Against Poverty
Professor Wayne Hope from AUT Communications School
Political commentator Chris Trotter
Arrive by 6.30pm (latest )to be sure of a seat and bring your experience and opinions about life our country with you, because we’ll want to hear them.
WHAT: The People’s Budget
WHERE: Otahuhu Town Hall
WHEN: 6.30pm Friday 31st May