Anti-Abortion fanatics defame and smear Jacinda

By   /   September 11, 2017  /   11 Comments

Fanatics shouldn’t be allowed in any debate, the Down Syndrome lobby have done themselves and the cause they stand for a terrible disservice and the religious right have only shown how lunatic fringe they’ve become.

I’m so pro abortion, I’ll give you 2 weeks after the baby is born to still get rid of it, so I view religious groups screaming that Jacinda’s comment that abortion be taken out of the crimes act is actually a secret plan to allow for abortion right up until birth as about as ridiculous as Steven Joyce’s $11billion budget hole that doesn’t exist or Paula Bennett’s lust to erode civil rights.

Removing abortion from the crimes act is perfectly reasonable, it’s a medical procedure between a woman and their doctor, it’s no one else’s business and it shouldn’t be anyone else’s business.

Every woman should have safe, free access to abortion if they decide that is what they want.

Watching the Down Syndrome lobby group and ultra religious right turn Jacinda’s comments to remove this as a crime into a late term abortion agenda to kill babies with disabilities is the most disgraceful and fucked up manipulation of what she’s actually said that I have ever seen in an election.

Honestly, this is Whaleoil level smearing.

1. CLEANGREEN says:

“it’s a medical procedure between a woman and their doctor, it’s no one else’s business and it shouldn’t be anyone else’s business.”

Agreed Martyn,

After all,- religion should not be part of our democracy!! as we are not a Roman Catholic Church ruled country are we?

Bill English may be a temporary PM picked by a corrupt John Key but we will soon be free of his plan to turn us all into his religious persuasion after the 23rd September election.

2. CLEANGREEN says:

This is all of Steven Joyce’s new secret ‘hate campaign’ since his last brain fart failed so he is really beginning to show he is desperate.

3. Nitrium Nitrium says:

I’m with you 100% on this. When asked “are you pro choice?”, I always replay with “I’m pro-abortion, but it’s actually none of my or your business.” I’m more than a little surprised Jacinda is as progressive as she is when it comes to hot-potato issues like abortion, medical marijuana, and euthanasia (all of which she is for, as am I) given her Mormon background. Good on her.

4. e-clectic says:

Signs of desperation – anything goes.

5. Danyl Strype says:

These smears on Jacinda’s abortion policy proposal are a classic example of the way National supporters are trying to keep the election focused on tabloid scandal and personality clashes. At present, we seem to be succeeding in keeping the electorate focused on policy details, and the significant differences between what the different parties are proposing. As a result, National is trending down, and the Labour-Green block is trending up. Policy, policy, policy!

• Sam Sam says:

Abortion these days. It’s like oh wait, let me first pour my Brian’s out about aborting a foetus to get my opinion across. And then we can decide who has the informed opinion. Old people these days just need to let go of the hipocracy of religion and politics.

6. HC says:

Welcome to the newest defacto colony of USA down under, we suffer the same insanity now, in parts of the population.

7. Andy says:

You would kill a 2 week old baby? Is this some kind of sick joke?

The Nazis perfected Social Darwinism. I guess the left hasn’t changed much since those days.

You really are truly evil people.