This Saturday 5th August NORML and Auckland Patients Group will hold a rally on Queen Street in Auckland to support safe legal access to medical cannabis – and against synthetics.
The rally caps another remarkable month for cannabis law reform:
- The NZ Drug Foundation held adrug policy symposiumat Parliament and launched theirmodel drug policy;
- Fairfax ran a major campaigncovering cannabis law reform in NZ, and international experts discussed how we could best regulate cannabis;
- NZ Geographic ran acover storyon cannabis includingrongoa made by Suzanne Aubert,
- The World Health Organisation called for thedecriminalisation of all drugs;
- Aneditorial in The Listener said“the only way to ensure the safety of recreational drugs is to nationalise their manufacture and supply”;
- A TVNZ Colmar Brunton pollshowed a majority supported legalising cannabis and regulating its cultivation and sale, which happened this month in the US state ofNevada;
- Peter Dunne saidhe would vote forJulie Ann Genter’s medical cannabis bill.