We really are a nation of sleepy hobbits aren’t we?
Instead of remembering this…
Not only does the National Party manage to create a law that will shut down critical voices on the internet (after killing off all critical mainstream media), but National manage to blur the fact that the true cyber bullies are the National Party themselves!
Let’s just remind ourselves exactly what Dirty Politics highlighted shall we?
* During the 2011 election campaign Slater obtained a database of the Labour Party’s members, e-mails and donations, and gleefully attacked the party. What no one knew is that Key’s dirty tricks person, Ede, had helped throughout, including searching inside the Labour Party computers and helping Slater plan the subsequent attacks on Labour. Ede’s office was just two doors from John Key’s and presumably he was using his Ministerial Services computer.
* In the same election campaign, the prime minister’s office used its knowledge of secret SIS documents to tip off Slater and arrange an attack on the Labour leader.
* Ede drafted official information act requests for Slater to use in other attacks, for instance against Ministry of Foreign Affairs staff who were in conflict with the government.
* When the Labour Party leadership race was on last year and getting good publicity, Ede got National Party research staff to prepare an attack on David Cunliffe and other contenders’ policies that was published on David Farrar’s Kiwiblog website the following day.
* The more the National Government has used Slater, the closer that Key himself has got to the attack blogger. For instance, when most New Zealanders were appalled by Slater’s offensive comments about the West Coast man who died in the car crash, his closest associates rallied to support him. One of those who phoned him and commiserated at that time, according to Slater’s account of the conversation, was John Key.
* Rodney Hide was threatened and blackmailed into standing down,
* Tobacco lobbyists print articles on Whaleoil and then comment with the most disgusting hateful language.
* Jordan Williams smeared Labour Party sex lives on Wikipedia
* Slater has a prostitute friend who tries to dig up dirt via the brothels on Len Brown, John Boscowan, Labour MPs, the Herald’s editors and Duncan Garner.
* Slater had a prisoner removed to a remote prison who ended up attempting suicide because Slater’s mate didn’t want her daughter visiting the inmate.
* Most disturbingly, the PMs Office colluded with the SIS to smear the Leader of the Opposition months before the 2011 election.
Look at each of those allegations, they are the bloody National Party trawling the sewer and these sanctimonious hypercritical pricks have the audacity to lecture us about cyber bullying? It’s like the mafia getting prissy about etiquette.
This is a screaming joke. A sick, sad, screaming joke which seems to not only be tolerated by the media, but actually endorsed by it through their utter lack of critical thought directed at the nonsense of a Political Party passing a law they themselves have breached most of their time in Government.