Remember, John Key and the National Party scream they have not turned NZ into a Tax Haven.
Remember that when you read this…
- A Mexican construction tycoon dubbed the ‘Duke of Influence’ joined a rush of foreign money into tax-free New Zealand trusts.
- Juan Armando Hinojosa Cantu, who built his fortune from billions of dollars in Mexican government contracts, was investigated for lavish housing deals with Mexican political figures.
- On July 1 last year, Cantu’s Miami lawyer said his client had “circa $US100 million” to put into three New Zealand trusts.
- Maltese investors who had been turned away from nine banks in the Caribbean, Miami and Panama eventually found a home for their money in New Zealand trusts.
- Demand for New Zealand trusts went into overdrive late last year with Mossack Fonseca staff in Panama urging New Zealand staff to “chase the money”.
…Where’s your messiah John Key now National Party voters? How can you now pretend to have any moral or ethical high ground when voting National? How can you pretend Key hasn’t built a Tax Haven? When do you accept he rules for the rich, not for you?
Surely an inflated property portfolio isn’t worth this shame is it?
And there is so much more to come. The special attention that John Doe has given John Key suggests this hack is personal...
Prime Minister John Key of New Zealand has been curiously quiet about his country’s role in enabling the financial fraud Mecca that is the Cook Islands.
Who would want vengeance on the Prime Minister of NZ with the skills to hack?
Vengeance is a dish served best about half way through the next election cycle.
John Key’s reputation is being damaged, and he’s damaging our credibility globally. This is now a real problem for National. NZers have a Flight of the Concords cultural cringe, in that they don’t have the self confidence to make a decision on their own so just follow the herd, but the second the external world notices us and says something, we all immediately nod our heads.
If the rest of the planet is now calling us a Tax Haven, the ovine nature of NZers collective political apathy violently counter-corrects and stampedes the other way.
Mass surveillance lies, dirty politics tricks and now the builder of tax havens – at some point Key’s continued support becomes a reflection on those who vote for him. If you are not angry by all of this, you are part of the problem.
We must have a full Royal Commission of Inquiry now!