Daily Blog readers may be able to help hold Housing New Zealand to account for the appalling self-righteous bullying by National government ministers and Housing New Zealand over the meth contamination fiasco.
Housing Minister Phil Twyford is right to lay the blame squarely with the former National government and in particular with its Housing Minister Paula Bennett. Her attempts to distance herself from this debacle are in tatters after this Mediawatch report in the weekend.
Bennett is revealed as the loathsome liar she is.
Please help to spread this message through your networks of family and friends and through social media.
Have you been evicted from a Housing New Zealand home and/or asked to pay for testing or decontamination because meth amphetamine was detected at the property?
State Housing Action Network is keen to hear from you. We want to make sure everyone receives decent compensation and we will be able to provide legal advice in your compensation dealings with Housing New Zealand.
Please send the following details to SHAN Convenor John Minto at email@example.com
- Your name, email and cell phone contact details
- What rent were you paying to HNZ?
- How many people lived at your house?
- How long had you lived there?
- What date were you evicted?
- What were the circumstances of your eviction?
- How much have you paid/been asked to pay for testing and/or decontamination at the property?
- What happened to your possessions?
- What are you paying now in rent?
- Any other details you think are relevant
In the meantime we recommend you do not sign anything or accept an offer from HNZ until you have had legal advice from your own lawyer or through ourselves.
Please pass this message on to anyone you know who has been affected by this issue.