National Party leader Judith Collins says obesity is about personal responsibility.
So come on Judith, why aren’t you demanding more personal responsibility from:
- Landlords who charge massive rents for cold, damp, rat-infested hovels?
- Employers who steal workers’ wages?
- Farmers who pollute our waterways, abuse their livestock and expect the rest of us to pay for their methane emissions?
- Politicians who use their ministerial positions to promote the private business interests of their partners? (Ooops sorry Judith – that’s about you!)
- Employers who took the government Covid subsidy, posted big profits then sacked workers?
- Governments which cancel healthy guidelines for school tuckshops while their own ministers have stomach-stapling operations? (Sorry again Judith – that’s about the National Party!)
- Banks which make billions in profits while a third of our children live below the poverty line?
- Government’s which pay public service chief executives’ obscene salaries for screwing over workers and beneficiaries?
- Politicians who benefit from the welfare state but then slash that help from the next generation? (Yes Judith – National again)
Most of these apply to the Labour Party just as much as National but the spiteful hypocrisy of Judith Collins calling for more personal responsibility is hard-wired into her DNA as National Party leader.