Latest

Oxfam gears up its aid effort to help people affected by fighting in Iraq

By   /  August 13, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Oxfam gears up its aid effort to help people affected by fighting in Iraq

MIL OSI – Source: Oxfam NZ – Headline: Oxfam gears up its aid effort to help people affected by fighting in Iraq Over 1.2 million people have been displaced as a result of fighting in Central and Northern Iraq and an estimated 1.5 million people are now in need of humanitarian assistance. Many have fled […]

Read More →
Latest

Owner of Kiwis' favourite tacos takes bold stand for climate action

By   /  July 29, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Owner of Kiwis' favourite tacos takes bold stand for climate action

MIL OSI – Source: Oxfam NZ – Headline: Owner of Kiwis' favourite tacos takes bold stand for climate action The maker of Old El Paso tacos, Betty Crocker cake mixes and Haagan Daz ice-cream has today committed to industry-leading measures to cut pollution from its supply chains and press for political action to address climate […]

Read More →
Latest

Oxfam accepts cheque from Pacific Corporation Foundation for Solomon’s recovery work

By   /  July 25, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Oxfam accepts cheque from Pacific Corporation Foundation for Solomon’s recovery work

MIL OSI – Source: Oxfam NZ – Headline: Oxfam accepts cheque from Pacific Corporation Foundation for Solomon’s recovery work Oxfam New Zealand has accepted a cheque for almost $1000 today from the Pacific Corporation Foundation toward recovery efforts in the Solomon Islands, following April’s flash flooding that left thousands homeless. Laulu Mac Leauanae, Chief Executive […]

Read More →
Latest

As another typhoon hits Philippines Oxfam warns there are not enough evacuation centres to keep people safe

By   /  July 17, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on As another typhoon hits Philippines Oxfam warns there are not enough evacuation centres to keep people safe

MIL OSI – Source: Oxfam NZ – Headline: As another typhoon hits Philippines Oxfam warns there are not enough evacuation centres to keep people safe Tacloban City, Leyte – International agency Oxfam said today as another typhoon hits the Philippines there are insufficient evacuation centres available to keep people safe. “This typhoon is powerful but […]

Read More →
Latest

Richest 10% of Kiwis control more wealth than remaining 90%

By   /  June 16, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Richest 10% of Kiwis control more wealth than remaining 90%

MIL OSI – Source: Oxfam NZ – Headline: Richest 10% of Kiwis control more wealth than remaining 90% The richest ten per cent of New Zealanders are wealthier than the rest of the population combined as the gap between rich and poor continues to widen. Oxfam New Zealand’s Executive Director Rachael Le Mesurier said the […]

Read More →
Latest

Solomon Islands diarrhoea deaths require rapid coordinated response

By   /  June 9, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Solomon Islands diarrhoea deaths require rapid coordinated response

MIL OSI – Source: Oxfam NZ – Headline: Solomon Islands diarrhoea deaths require rapid coordinated response The tragic deaths of 18 children from extreme diarrhoea in the Solomon Islands are a stark reminder that while floodwaters have subsided, the impact of the disaster remains life threatening and the need for a rapid, coordinated response essential. […]

Read More →
Latest

Big ten food companies emitting as much as “world’s 25th most polluting country”, Oxfam says

By   /  May 20, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Big ten food companies emitting as much as “world’s 25th most polluting country”, Oxfam says

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Big ten food companies emitting as much as “world’s 25th most polluting country”, Oxfam says The “Big 10” food and beverage companies are both highly vulnerable to climate change and major contributors to the problem. Together they emit so much greenhouse gas that, if they were a single […]

Read More →
Latest

Growing concerns over missing girls in Nigeria #BringBackOurGirls

By   /  May 15, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Growing concerns over missing girls in Nigeria #BringBackOurGirls

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Growing concerns over missing girls in Nigeria #BringBackOurGirls Oxfam in Nigeria has been watching very closely the unfolding situation of the missing girls in Chibok community of Borno State. We are very disappointed that 30 days after their abduction, the girls are yet to be brought back. Our […]

Read More →
Latest

Fairtrade Fortnight

By   /  May 8, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Fairtrade Fortnight

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Fairtrade Fortnight Kiwis across the country are getting together over a cuppa to make a difference in the lives of people living in poverty in the developing world. They’re getting involved in Oxfam’s Morning Tea, a fun and easy fundraising event where people get together at home, work, […]

Read More →
Latest

South Sudan warning: respond now or face catastrophe later

By   /  April 23, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on South Sudan warning: respond now or face catastrophe later

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: South Sudan warning: respond now or face catastrophe later The safety situation in South Sudan is rapidly deteriorating. South Sudan needs an urgent ceasefire and the international community needs to provide urgent aid to saves lives. — The claims and opinions made in this statement are those of […]

Read More →
Latest

Water of major concern as recovery efforts underway in Solomon Islands

By   /  April 10, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Water of major concern as recovery efforts underway in Solomon Islands

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Water of major concern as recovery efforts underway in Solomon Islands With recovery efforts in Honiara and its surrounds underway following devastating flooding, there is growing concern around the lack of clean water and sanitation in the region. More than 50,000 have been affected across the country and […]

Read More →
Latest

Cool Runnings Makes Oxfam Trailwalker History

By   /  April 8, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Cool Runnings Makes Oxfam Trailwalker History

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Cool Runnings Makes Oxfam Trailwalker History Oxfam Trailwalker team Cool Runnings, has tonight made history, becoming the first team to cross the finish line in the fastest time, two years in a row. The team – named after the Jamaican bobsled movie – are ecstatic to cross the […]

Read More →
Latest

One fifth of Honiara’s population in evacuation centres

By   /  April 6, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on One fifth of Honiara’s population in evacuation centres

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: One fifth of Honiara’s population in evacuation centres Tens of thousands of people in and around Honiara have been left homeless by the recent flash flooding and heavy rains in the Solomon Islands. Entire communities have been swept away, major access bridges have collapsed and roads have been […]

Read More →
Latest

Solomon Islands flooding — Oxfam assessing damage

By   /  April 4, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Solomon Islands flooding — Oxfam assessing damage

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Solomon Islands flooding — Oxfam assessing damage Initial reports are that 16 people have died, thousands of people have been evacuated and hundreds of homes have been destroyed in flash flooding in the Solomon Islands’ capital of Honiara, where there has been extremely heavy rain over several days. […]

Read More →
Latest

Over 1000 set to participate in Oxfam Trailwalker

By   /  April 3, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Over 1000 set to participate in Oxfam Trailwalker

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Over 1000 set to participate in Oxfam Trailwalker People of all ages and fitness levels from across the country will be up bright and early this Saturday morning, gearing up to converge on stunning trails in Taupō to challenge themselves and challenge poverty at Oxfam Trailwalker 2014. The […]

Read More →
Latest

Open letter from chefs, activists, musicians

By   /  April 1, 2014  /  Oxfam NZ, Raw News, Raw News feed  /  Comments Off on Open letter from chefs, activists, musicians

Source: Oxfam NZ – Press Release/Statement: Headline: Open letter from chefs, activists, musicians Today, the world’s top scientists published a devastating report on the impacts of climate change. Climate change is already making it harder for millions to feed their families. Wild weather and unpredictable seasons are causing chaos for farmers. Food prices are going […]

Read More →