Watching so many on the left rush to champion 100k gold plated public sector jobs was gasp inducing and a reminder of how Bougie the Wellington Twitteratti really are.
In the background of watching the middle class green woke attack a pay freeze for their public service mates is the the Historic State Abuse Inquiry.
Story after devestating story is told of those who were abused at the hands of the State. None of them have a twitter profile large enough to keep the media interested. At no point is the past abuse allowed to meet the present.
Here’s some of those 100k public servants working for you.
- Matt Whineray, CEO NZ Super Fund: $929,000 (after COVID-19 reduction)
- Scott Pickering, CEO ACC: $826,000
- Ailsa Claire, CEO ADHB: $677,000
- John Ryan, Auditor General: $670,000
- Peter Hughes, Public Service Commissioner: $630,000
- Rob Everett, CEO Financial Services Authority (just resigned): $623,000
- Cherly de la Rey, VC University of Canterbury: $594,000
- Tim Fowler, CEO Tertiary Education Commission: $560,000
- Judge Peter Boshier, Chief Ombudsman: $456,000
- Sid Miller, CEO Earthquake Commission: $437,000
A ‘Robin Hood’-style policy, redistributing the big salaries of public service chief executives to lower paid workers, would be more effective than the Government-ordered pay freeze, according to a leading business academic.
Increasingly having independent opinion in a mainstream media environment which mostly echo one another has become more important than ever, so if you value having an independent voice – please donate here.
If you can’t contribute but want to help, please always feel free to share our blogs on social media