Oh you lovely funny people you! 46% of you said that the current prohibition is so flawed legalisation is the answer, this is a momentous day for cannabis reform!
Comrades – when you consider the enormous disinformation campaign funded by the American religious right – 46% is fantastic – this is enormous progress! I honestly thought their lies would see us with a result in the 30s!
We need to win 67% of the specials to win!
We can do this!!!!!
Hand on heart so excited & happy with my fellow Kiwis who said prohibition is wrong – everything changes after such an enormous percentage of NZ supporting change.
Parliament can not sit on their hands and allow the worst example of the tyranny of the majority to continue to influence cannabis law.
51% of the country can’t criminalise the other 49%, Parliament must immediately decriminalise and put in a private members bill for full legalisation.
Many respects to Chloe, The Hemp Store, Nandor, Chris Fowlie, NORML, Russel Brown, Helen Clarke and the NZ Drug foundation for getting us to this momentous position – we await the specials in anticipation only because of your mahi.
What a pity that the ‘freedom’ Party ACT seem to think freedom extends only to owning semi automatic rifles for you, your infant and your pet rather than cannabis reform. David Seymour should apologise to Chloe for leaving her to carry the entire debate herself.
Today is for all those hundreds of thousands of Kiwis throughout history who have been penalised by this vile and spiteful law.
Are we really going to be a people who says you can end your life if you are in terminal pain, but we won’t let you smoke a joint for that same terminal pain?
Increasingly having independent opinion in a mainstream media environment which mostly echo one another has become more important than ever, so if you value having an independent voice going into this pandemic and 2020 election – please donate here.
If you can’t contribute but want to help, please always feel free to share our blogs on social media.