What NZ First did by having ‘someone’ photographing journalists who were investigating them & handing those photos to Slater’s latest far right hate blog is awful, but let’s not suffer a collective amnesia here in terms of the vast abuses of power the Key Government embarked upon!
Watching National trying to claim the moral high ground over NZ First’s behaviour here is Trumpian in its delusion.
Let’s remember those abuses of power:
- Using the meth hysteria to throw thousands of beneficiaries onto the street during a homelessness crisis to privatise state housing by misusing Housing NZ drug policy and needlessly pissing away $120m in decontamination costs that were never a threat to health.
- Colluding with the SIS to falsely attack Phil Goff before the 2011 election
- The Todd Barclay fiasco.
- The Teapot Tape fiasco.
- The paying a Saudi Businessman a multi million dollar bribe fiasco.
- Running a dirty politics team out of the PMs Office
- Using the same far right hate speech bloggers to attack their political opponents
- Having one of their stooges pretend to be a PR person when they were really a journalist for the NZ Herald, to discredit the Waitress who bad accused Key of tugging her pigtails.
- Lying about mass surveillance.
- Attacking Journalists and overseeing state intimidation on John Stephenson & Nicky Hager.
- Ramming through mass surveillance legislation under a misuse of urgency.
- Paula Bennett releasing details of beneficiaries to the media who had complained about her draconian welfare reforms.
- Passing retrospective legislation to allow Police abuses of surveillance power to be legal.
Oh and a war crime. Let’s not forget their Afghanistan SAS revenge attack war crime.
Again, it is unacceptable that anyone from NZ First passed along photos of journalists investigating NZF to a far right hate speech blog.
In the totality of abuse of power and compared to National’s legacy of doing it, watching Paula, Simon and all the other Blue Stormtroopers pretend they suddenly have a conscience when it comes to the State abusing its power is Republican in their selectiveness.