The power and righteous fury at our collective climate denial explodes in this speech.
That we have come to require a young girl with Aspergers to give us hope is an obscene abdication of responsibility by us adults.
We deserve the coming horror of the climate emergency.
The problem with Stuff’s climate change journalism and all of the mainstream media’s coverage is the fake hope that this can all be managed and our comfortable little lives in the Shire will dance along with just a few tweaks and tinkering.
The naked reality is that the enormity of what we face is beyond our scope to endure under the current economic, cultural and political settings.
When climate deniers like David Farrar and his National Party scum can continue to minimise the threat we face with impunity, and the Greens and Labour hold up carbon neutral by 2050 as a solution, the need for radical action that smashes both paradigms will only build, not dissipate, especially as catastrophic climate change is now accelerating…
Climate change is accelerating, with carbon dioxide levels increasing, sea levels rising and ice sheets melting faster than ever, experts have warned.
The warning from the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) forms part of a “united in science” review for a UN climate action summit at which countries are being urged to increase their ambition to tackle emissions.
…the current political spectrum in New Zealand can not radically adapt fast enough to adopt the changes we must make if we are to survive what is coming. It will require a radical Political Movement that elects a Party to ruthlessly implement Fortress Aotearoa…
- Move away from intensive farming and look to become domestically self sustainable in terms of food.
- Immediately ban all water exports
- 5 year Parliamentary term.
- Upper and Lower House (Upper House 50-50 split between Māori & Pakeha that can hold up legislation if unhappy about Treaty issues)
- Massive investment into R&D from Government with the understanding research is to benefit NZ first before sold offshore.
- Large scale increase in Navy, Army & Airforce.
- Mass limiting of tourism numbers with increased tourist taxes.
- Only citizens can vote.
- Sustainable immigration and an end to exploitative migrant workers.
- Resettlement Programms for all pacific island neighbours.
- Increase refugee in take to 10000 per year
- Fully funded public services.
- Mass Green housing rebuild.
- 100% renewable energy for entire country.
- Massive tree planting across previous farming land.
- Wholesale re-write of state services act to end commercial values.
- Investment into basic pharmaceutical production.
- Financial transaction tax
- Wealth tax
- Multinational tax
- Inheritance tax
As the climate crisis unfolds more and more people in fury will turn against the current political system too wedded to the economic profits margins of the polluters. It is just a matter of time before the NZ electorate rejects the limitations of the current political spectrum.
The revolution is coming whether you are personally ready for it or not.