Mike Hosking’s latest weird rant about Jacinda is just, well, weird.
It’s almost like being respected and celebrated internationally for being an empathetic leader is suddenly a bad thing???
Apart from hating on Jacinda for being a political leader much of the world yearns for, (which kinda comes across as naked jealously from a narcissist to be frank), Mike’s weird list of things he wants her to address are issues he doesn’t give two shits about…
Some things she might like to actually address:
- The Ihumātao land occupation she’s insisted on involving herself in, despite her saying over and over it’s got nothing to do with government.
She has addressed the land occupation at Ihumātao by publicly saying twice that there won’t be any building on the land while dialogue occurs and she has called for de-escalation. She has sent in her Māori Ministers and they have started a hui with the Māori King. So she has actually addressed this, but what’s odd is Mike’s pretence to care for any of the protectors at Ihumātao, if Mike had his way the entire site would be bulldozed and built into a race track where he could drive his Maserati because it’s more fun when you’re speeding over sacred indigenous lands.
- The public housing crisis. Numbers last week setting another record.
Yes the public housing crisis is a problem with 12 000 on the waiting list, but that was created by a decade of underfunding thanks to Mike’s favourite political party so blaming Labour for not solving it in two years is as unbelievable as Mike pretending somehow that he cares about poor people living in houses in the first place. I mean when you think ‘Mike Hosking’, you don’t think of him as a friend to the downtrodden, you think of him hunting the downtrodden.
- DHB debt, as of last week it has blown out to hundreds of millions.
Yes the DHBs have blown out their budgets, again thanks to a decade of low funding under National.
- Oranga Tamariki baby snatching allegations and her department under siege.
The weaponisation of CYFs into Oranga Tamariki was a National Party experiment, blaming Jacinda for National’s Frankenstein social policy monster is like blaming a pedestrian for being hit from behind by a car.
- Last week’s confidence surveys numbers. Still falling, business at decade-long lows.
I see your Last weeks low business confidence and raise it the lowest unemployment rate in 11 years.
- The JobSeeker benefit numbers two weeks back. Once again at record numbers.
Like I said, lowest unemployment rate in 11 years plus the biggest jump in wages in a decade. Boom, that’s two, two upside the head.
- Where is the KiwiBuild reset?
- Where is the National Cancer Agency they promised and yet were beaten to by National last week?
Well, again it’s coming, but didn’t National actually shut down the only Cancer focused agency when they were in power?
Mike doesn’t care about these issues, he’s just throwing mud and hopes some of it sticks.
Why isn’t this firmly behind the Herald Paywall?
This is Tall poppy syndrome from a short weed.