Well, well, well. What do we have here?
An extreme-right genocide conspiracy theory which the accused Christchurch terrorist claimed as motivation has visibly spread in recent years, international researchers have found.
The online chatter of the “Great Replacement” theory, which featured heavily in the writings of the terror suspect, more than doubled in the four years prior to the March 15 terror attack, according to a report published on Sunday.
Researchers at the London-based Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD) say the theory, along with terms “remigration” and “white genocide”, is now openly discussed by a number of leading European and United States politicians.
Such conspiracy has become “ideological glue” holding together an increasingly cohesive transnational extreme-right movement, the think tank’s report says.
…so more evidence that our intelligence apparatus failed spectacularly to provide any foresight into emerging terrorist threats like white supremacists and this research was obvious for 4 years???
How many acronyms does it take to catch a white supremacist?
How come not one of these NZ organisations caught any of this?
- The SIS (Secret Intelligence Services)
- The GCSB (Government Communications Security Bureau)
- The NSG (National Security Group)
- The CNSN (Cabinet National Security Committee)
- The ODESC (Officials’ Committee for Domestic and External Security Coordination)
- The SIB (Security and Intelligence Board)
- The CTCC (Counter-Terrorism Coordinating Committee)
- The NICC ( National Intelligence Coordination Committee)
- The IAD (Intelligence and Assessments Directorate)
- The NRU (National Risk Unit)
- The NSPD (National Security Policy Directorate)
Isn’t it sad that not one of these organisations can spy on white supremacists with the ease they spy on Greenpeace, Nicky Hager, Māori protesting big oil, the Green Party, the MANA Party and Muslims?
Fingers crossed the inquiry into the intelligence failure won’t be the whitewash the War Crime inquiry has become.