Butter and Tobacco wouldn’t melt in his mouth
Former Tobacco lobbyist and current National Party MP, Todd Barclay has been caught out secretly recording a staff member.
Let’s hope the little slime ball gets some sort of comeuppance but it seems pretty unlikely.
Kiwi’s let National off the hook for some pretty deplorable behaviour and recording a staff member is low down on the list when you look at National’s most recent abuses of powers, as highlighted by the Dirty Politics allegations…
- Rodney Hide getting threatened and blackmailed into standing down over lewd text messages.
- Tobacco, big sugar and booze lobbyists paying to print articles on Whaleoil and then comment with the most disgusting hateful language aimed at public health activists.
- Public servants named and crucified for political gain.
- The Saudi Sheep bribe
- The constant manipulation of statistics to minimise negative social impacts of Government policy.
- Jordan Williams smearing Labour Party sex lives on Wikipedia
- John Key touching a young waitress 10 seperate times at her place of work.
- Mass surveillance lies
- Threatening of journalists and journalism.
- Slater hacking into Labour Party computers with the help of Jason Ede and downloading their entire database including donors.
- War Crime allegations by the SAS that John Key signed off on.
- Slater and co plotting to attack the head of the SFO
- And most damning of all, The PMs Office colluded with the Secret Intelligence Service to manufacture a smear to attack Phil Goff, Leader of the Opposition, months before the 2011 election using a far right hate speech merchant like Slater as the vehicle.
In comparison recording a staff member seems tame.
National are a dirty politics political party who will lie, manipulate and twist every possible rule to get the power they want.
I’m not sure what’s most disappointing, that National do these sorts of things or that New Zealander’s keep voting for them.