When John Key told NZ we were on the “Cusp of something special’, did he understand the words ‘Cusp’, ‘something’ and ‘special’?
A $1billion dollar bribe to developers using borrowed money isn’t a solution! Pop up housing isn’t a solution! The Government getting off its bum building houses IS the solution!
- We need 30 000 new state homes.
- We need all State Houses brought up to a basic warrant of fitness.
- We need Council and Central Government to build areas where ‘affordable’ houses are available to first time home owners only.
- The Government should take land from developers under the works act to build these houses.
- The Government should enter into partnerships with Iwi for more housing.
- The Government should bring in a speculators tax against anyone owning more than 5 houses.
- The Government should ban foreign ownership of any residential houses.
- Renters rights enshrined in law.
This Government do not want to pop the property bubble they have built because it’s the only thing propping up the economy and the inflated sense of wealth the middle classes have derived from property speculation keeps them voting National.
The self interest to do nothing while pretending to do something is despicable. The solution is for the Government to take an active role, not leave it to the bloody free market!
The only thing this Government can build are tax havens!