We are currently trying to bribe a Saudi Businessmen who was promised by Key to lift live sheep exports and spat the dummy when Key didn’t.
We are bribing this businessman because he is holding up a free trade deal with Saudi Arabia.
You read that right – we are bribing someone to get a free trade deal with a country that gives 200 lashes to a woman gang raped, a country that treats women less than we treat our sheep, a country that crucifies people, a country that beheads just like ISIS behead.
Key describes ISIS as barbaric so what will he call Saudi Arabia after they executed 47 people today?
How can we embark upon a secret war supporting butchers, tyrants and warlords as allies to kill a group of religious fanatics every inch as sadistic as one we are bribing to get a trade deal with?
How on earth is that the NZ we believe we are?
Oh but ISIS are different aren’t they folks? ISIS is medieval and barbaric and can not be negotiated with – which kinda still sums up Saudi Arabia very well.
Let’s not forget that Key is using Muslim’s under surveillance and ‘Jihadi Brides’ to avoid answering questions he doesn’t want to answer.
Questions like –
- Why are we in this war with America supposedly ‘training’ Iraqi soldiers when the yanks have spent billions trying to do the same thing?
- Are we having the SAS target for US airstrikes?
- What happened to the Afghan civilians we handed over to known torture units?
- Should the Governor General be investigated for war crimes when he stands down?
- Why did John Key bring up ‘Jihadi Brides’ when the GCSB avoided answering questions on why they spied to get Tim Groser a job?
- Why are the GCSB and SIS employing spin drs to monitor public opinion on mass surveillance?
- Is it concerning that the people charged with these enormous powers are racist, elitist and sexist?
- Are we being spooked into giving the Government unprecedented powers into our lives without credible oversight?
You know, questions like that.
Key’s argument for sending troops to ‘train’ soldiers to fight (and his insinuation that the Left are hypocrites for not supporting his humanitarian re-invasion of Iraq) is…
“So the very people who tell me their whole DNA is laced with human rights and standing up for people who can’t protect themselves tell me to look the other way when people are being beheaded by kids, burned by kids and thrown off buildings. Well, sorry. Give me a break. New Zealand is not going to look the other way.”
More dog airhorn than whistle for war, because that’s what us moral crusaders for – what is it this time, Democracy? Freedom? Corporate rights to buy and manipulate whatever natural resources the latest country America is invading this year, really want to hear when it comes to empty and meaningless justifications.
Mr Key has decided to hang his argument on (pause) the evil that is ISIS!
So on the one hand – we can got to war to fight a movement that is a human rights abuser but we’ll bribe other human rights abusers if that fits our interests?
That’s the country we are is it?
If you are not angry you are not paying attention.