I’m not sure if anyone else is counting, but the new clarifications that Mr Donghua Liu has made to the Herald from his 6 week old non-legal signed statement now suggest that there were 7 falsehoods. Let’s count them shall we?
1. There is no $100 000 bottle of wine. None. Did not happen.
2. There is no proof of a $15 000 book.
3. There was never $150 000 “payments to Labour’’. Yet this amount was fixated on by the media and the PM.
4. He admits there is no documentation of these alleged donations. So no paperwork, no proof whatsoever that his allegations are in any way true.
5. The supposed $100 000 “donations’’ includes $50,000-$60,000 spent on a staff function in China to which Rick Barker was invited. So he’s exaggerating. Some work drinks function on a paddle boat to impress Rick Barker isn’t corruption, it’s a waste of fucking money.
6. Some of his donations were supposedly anonymous. So how on earth are Labour supposed to know what and when he donated that money?
7. Included in the new total of donations “to Labour’’ is $2000 to a Hawkes Bay rowing club. Which, really, when you consider it means nothing at all.
When are the mainstream media going to admit they got played by a manufactured National Party smear?